Monday, January 19, 2009

Being a mommy...

We had a tragic thing happen last week, as I was taking pictures with my camera, something strange started to happen...it got pale, shaky and dizzy, then suddenly, he choked...he died in my arms! Poor fella...So, we've been looking for the cord for Nick's camera so we could get pics off of my memory card..we thought we were successful today..dang it! There are a lot of great pictures that I was going to post with this one but we are having bad luck over here.

Anyway, on a happier note, it is someone's one month birthday today! I thought in honor of my little boy, I would share what I've learned so far being a new mommy!

1-Naps are ok! Lately I've had a problem taking naps because I felt like I had too much to do...now its the only thing I think of these days! Great invention!

2- You learn to do everything with one hand. When the little tike is especially grumpy and you need to make a bottle, this skill comes in quite handy. You can do things you never thought you'd be able to do!

3- Wide mouth bottles are a lifesaver! Who wants to be careful making a bottle at 3 in the morning? Not me!

4- You learn to talk funny...I find myself talking like a child 24/7..sometimes I even talk like that to Nick..I just hope they don't ask me to speak in Sacrament meeting anytime soon...

5- You discover a whole new imagination you thought you never had! When your sweet baby is upset and you don't know why, its amazing the things you come up with to settle him down...

6- You learn a lot of selflessness... This little person is completely, totally dependant on you. There's no room for 'I can't change his diaper right now because I'm too tired...Would I want to sit in poop till it was convenient for someone else to change me? No thanks!

7- Infants don't usually play or laugh or even really smile at you unless they have gas, but as boring as that sounds, they are so fun! Its a different kind of fun, but fun nonetheless!

8- You never think you can love someone so little so much! It's amazing how protective you feel sometimes!

9- Moms have all the answers! I guess its because kids don't know the difference!

10- I've been reminded so many times where to turn to when I don't have the answers. Prayer becomes an even more important part of your life. Its so cool to see random thoughts come into your head and then those strange random things actually work!

I love being a mommy, its so rewarding and fun! I have been able to learn so much. I wouldn't trade Mr. Jaxon for all the sleep in the world!


4 comments:

Diane said...

Great thoughts! I can't believe he is a month old already. I bet you are the best mom!

Mandie Flood said...

I laughed so dang much when i read this post.
He is getting big now, isn't he? For some the time flies, for others it lags. But Children grow up
with or without their parents,
so it's important to hold them close, and love them always. I have noticed that my Miriam
gives me some pretty good reasons to
push through hard times. I am so glad you and your family are doing so well.
Love ya
AJ

Mandie Flood said...

MORE PICTURES!!!

Sant Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.