Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A hard lesson to be learned...

After watching the news last night, I had an assortment of emotions come over me, and not just because my hormones are 300% higher than normal. As I read the words "Barack Obama elected 44th president of the United States" a sickening feeling came over me, I felt scared, insecure, shocked (even though I fully expected it) and believe it or not, slight elation. Why? Because it is an opportunity for us all to take a leap of faith. Nothing happens by coincidence or accident, so there is a reason that this is happening at this time. I thought of the twelfth Article of Faith, which states "We believe in being subject to kings, PRESIDENTS, rulers and magistrates, in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law." What an opportunity we have to show our faith, our devotion to the Lord and to the teachings we have been taught all our lives. So, even though I don't agree with anything Obama stands for, and I'm scared to death about what the future might hold, I remember what Elder Wirthlin taught us this past conference, "Come what may, and love it." So even though it may be hard and we may not know what the future holds, this is a good opportunity to humble myself and say "Come what may, and love it."

2 comments:

The Pingel Family said...

Good attitude there sister! I have already had good things come from this drama...I just had a mini gospel discussion with our apartment manager that started because we talked about the election...my first experience with such things. So maybe it's a good thing right? As long as Oprah stops quoting scriptures incorrectly.

Annalise said...

I agree that I am a little uneasy about this past election but way to stay positive. Anyways I thought I would leave a comment so that you could look at my blogspot. Oh yeah and your prego belly is so cute, but I am sure that you feel like you are stretched to the max. Sadly it will grow more and more.